“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.” -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Commitment is something I’ve struggled for most of my life, up until certain things went way downhill for me and I realized I had to seriously reconsider my life.
I was a committed person, or so I thought, but for how many things, and for how many moments of a day? If I was to be honest with myself, back then I probably had it for less than 15 minutes a day, usually with my passion, art.
For anyone who has trouble with commitment and have a passionate desire to improve on this topic, it might be good to look at the value you offer others daily through conversation.
I’ve listed below what were for me what I feel are my most consistent value I offer others when I meet people. I am mostly always aware of it and on the ready to put forth energy into sharing these points of clarity. This attitude has transformed my being from an uncommitted slob into someone who is unfolding into delivering consistent value to himself and the people around him:
1) Honestly with myself : I’m not perfect and I don’t, no longer, claim to be. I match my words with who I am and expect and inspire those around me to do the same.
2) Expanded clarity of goals : through conversation, increasing ones possibilities, expansion of mind.
3) Increased sensitivity to ones own passion : Do it factor! Ability to do what they love.
4) Growth : implies forward & increased good change.
5) DEPTH : unperturbed Calmness or conscious use of “extreme emotion” through things many people would feel afflicted by in some way (i.e loud noises, violence, etc).
6) I interrupt any not value to offer others thoughts (interrupt negativity) and become aware of it instantly (with myself firstly, and with others when the timings right).
If anyone has anything like my list and would like to share, I’d be very glad for it and would love to hear it.